How to tie a Bowline Knot
The bowline knot is a fundamental and highly versatile knot used in various applications, particularly in outdoor activities, sailing, boating, climbing, and general-purpose rope work. Its importance lies in its reliability, security, and ease of tying and untying.
Bowline Knot Steps:
- Make a loop in your rope with the working end over the top of your standing end
- Pass the working end of the rope up through the loop
- Lead the rope around the back of the standing line
- Feed the working end back through the hole
- Dress the knot by pulling on all the two strands of rope that go through the loop, and the standing line, individually. Then pull all three individually to tighten your bowline.
Check out this short video showing you how to tie a Bowline Knot, here.