Baltimore Boating Center is home of Freedom Boat Club at Middle River, which is located on Sue Creek. Middle River area is known for its wildlife, local beaches, swimming and the excellent fishing. This hidden gem area also has some of the best seafood and crabs.
Freedom Boat Club members and guests enjoy free, secure parking at the Marina.
Here are some of the top cruising places some of our Maryland club members love.
• Hawk Cove and Hart-Miller Island State Park. This beautiful little island is an uninhabited island in the Chesapeake Bay accessible only by boat. Enjoy the day swimming, biking, fishing and much more.
• Across the Chesapeake Bay visit Rock Hall, Tolchester Marina and Fairlee Creek. A perfect swimming hole.
• Just off Tolchester Marina is great striped-bass fishing.
• Enjoy a boat ride to the best tiki bars in the area to Crazy Tune, Sue Island Grill, Sunset Cove.
Fun Things to Do:
• Swimming & Beach enjoyment , Miami Beach & Hart-Miller Island
• Anchorages at Strawberry Point & Sue Creek
• 7 Restaurants
• Paddleboard rental!
• Fishing on the bay nearby
• Lighted Boat Parade
• Rocking on the River
• Baltimore County Boating Safety Day
• Eastern Wine & Blues Festival
• Enjoy special events, including the Fourth of July Fireworks Festival, Fleet Week and the Parade of Lighted Boats
• Take a quick cab to Camden Yards and M&T Bank to catch a game
• Live music every Saturday night, with special guest appearances once a month
Enjoy the day fishing, tubing, swimming, or cruising to your favorite place to eat.